You may be especially worried if you see blood in your urine. This is called gross hematuria, and is the most common symptom of bladder cancer. However, just because you have blood in your urine does not mean that you have bladder cancer.
Cxbladder is a group of urine-based laboratory tests that can rule out bladder cancer and give you peace of mind.
Blood in your urine?
- If blood is present in your urine, you may be able to see it (macrohematuria) or it may be invisible (microhematuria).
- Microhematuria is found by a urine dipstick test. Alternatively, a doctor may look at a sample of your urine through a microscope.
- Hematuria is usually not associated with pain.
- If you have hematuria, you are not alone. Up to 1 in every 5 people in the general population has hematuria.
- If you have hematuria you may be alarmed because it is the most common symptom of bladder cancer.
- However, fewer than 1 in 10 people with hematuria actually have bladder cancer.
- Cxbladder is an easy-to-use and accurate urine test that can help rule out bladder cancer if you have hematuria. Cxbladder can provide you with confidence, reassurance and peace of mind.
- Many common foods, drugs and other factors may give your urine a red coloration. In these cases, you do not need to be alarmed.
Common factors causing red coloration of urine
- Food: Certain foods, like beetroot, blackberries, blueberries, and rhubarb, can turn urine red or pink.
- Medication: Some medications can cause the discoloration of urine.
- Other factors include monthly periods (women), sexual activity, trauma, urinary tract infection, vigorous exercise, and viral illness.
Blood in Urine: A Patient's Story
Errol had blood in his urine. Find out how he ruled out bladder cancer and got peace of mind.
Talk to your doctor
Are you alarmed about blood in your urine? Worried about bladder cancer? Download our patient discussion guide for a list of questions you can ask your doctor.Download discussion guide now
What is Cxbladder?
Cxbladder is a family of non-invasive tests that quickly and accurately detects and diagnose bladder cancer, giving you peace of mind.Learn more about Cxbladder
Contact us by phone or email, or fill out an online form and a Cxbladder representative will get back to you.Complete an information request form today